Meet this month’s feature for Boomer of the Month – Victoria “Tora” Vinci, Public and Media Relations Manager, Cleveland Clinic – who when asked to describe herself in ten words or less eloquently stated: Shares incredible stories about individuals who save lives.
There are so many reasons we love working with Tora – but one that stands out is her unflinching devotion to the 1980’s Helen Hunt/Sarah Jessica Parker classic Girls Just Want to Have Fun. She has been on a quest for a Dance TV t-shirt for years – so if you happen to know where we can get one please share!
Read on for many more reasons you should get to know Tora!
1. What was the last picture you took with your phone? A picture of my chocolate lab, Maggie (along with the other 200 photos on my phone of her!).
2. What is the best compliment you ever received? That I make things happen!
3. If you could wake up tomorrow as someone else – who would you be and what would you do? I would be Mary T. Meagher and swim in the Olympics.
4. If you could only have one meal for the rest of your life – what would that meal be? Pizza.
5. If you could choose any other profession what would it be? Why? Although I love my field, public relations, I would choose being general manger of a professional sports team. I would enjoy the challenge of judging talent and matching that talent to my vision of teamwork, camaraderie and on the field success.
6. If you could only use one social media platform what would it be? Why? Instragram. Growing up I took a lot of photos and I have countless photo albums so having one digital picture platform is perfect for me!
7. What television show is your guilty pleasure? I have many but the one that fits best is the Bachelor/Bachelorette.
8. What famous person do people tell you that you most resemble? Do you take it as a compliment? Elaine from Seinfeld, yes I do – she is confident, funny and straight forward!
9. What advice would you give to your teenage self? Know what you want and go after it! If you don’t give up, you can’t fail.
10. What is the oddest food item you have ever eaten? I would have to say I am the pickiest eater I know, so for me it would be asparagus.