Every month (or so) Boom will feature someone who works with Boom who we think is fabulous and ask them ten questions that will give you some insight into who they are, how they think and what them makes tick.
This month’s feature is Donna Crafton Montgomery, AVP Client Services DMX Engage – who when asked to describe herself in ten words or less quickly replied: Tenacious extrovert passionate about people and problem solving. A Marketer!
Read on for more reasons we love Donna!
1. What was the last picture you took with your phone? Selfie with my kids at the park – they are selfie obsessed so we have fun with it!
2. Best compliment you ever received? “You’re a lot like your mother.
3. If you could wake up tomorrow as someone else – who would you be and what would you do? So many I could name, but at the top of the list today would be Ariana Huffington. She is smart, tough, a mother and is non-wavering in her beliefs. I’d host a fabulous dinner party with my favorite 20 people from her Rolodex.
4. What industry jargon do you find yourself using the most? What is your least favorite industry jargon? I say “integration” more times than I can count each week, but I won’t stop any time soon. My team helps clients make sense of not only all of the technology available today to us as marketers, but to the bigger picture of what business challenge we are trying to help them solve. It’s easy to make these things complicated, so our job is to simply their work and that happens through smart integration strategies. Synergy is my least favorite. And when people “leverage synergies” it’s even worse.
5. If you could choose any other profession what would it be? Why? A sculptor, I love art and am inspired by artists. I’m also intrigued by change. The most notable moments in my career have been times of transition, and when I saw an off-ramp, I was inclined to take it whether I knew where I was headed or not.
6. What was the last book you read? Would you recommend it? I read more columns and feature stories than books these days. I’m also completely addicted to CBS Sunday Morning…the content, the delivery…old school journalism at its best. I think it’s my way of rebelling slightly with the digital world we’re forced to engage with every minute of every day.
7. What television show is your guilty pleasure? Scandal. So smart and I have to stay focused to keep up. It’s a challenge for me to sit still, so anything that can accomplish that must be really good.
8. What famous person do people tell you that you most resemble? Do you take it as a compliment? Sandra Bullock. Of course!
9. What advice would you give to your teenage self? Talk less and listen more. This applies too much in my business today, too. We should all listen more.
10. What is the oddest food item you have ever eaten? Chocolate covered grasshopper. 5th grade science fair – to impress a boy.